Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Moray Group’s legal division (that at present includes Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Simpson & Marwick) is seeking to appoint a Director and Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution to help grow a national leading dispute resolution and litigation practice.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a hugely ambitious law firm within a dynamic and progressive professional services group to build a distinctly different litigation and dispute resolution department and team.
With offices in Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh and a flexible and progressive IT infrastructure, the Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution role will be a truly national appointment, with new offices and legal brands being added on an ongoing basis to drive growth.
In this role you will:
- Act as the main day to day point of contact for clients on a variety of matters but with a major focus on complex litigation.
- Build on existing client relationships and develop new ones.
- Guide and mentor members of the team.
- Contribute to thought leadership and to raise the profile of the firm externally.
- Develop professionally and personally.
Required experience and skills for this role includes:
- Strong experience of commercial litigation in Scotland, ideally with experience in property litigation, insolvency and debt recovery.
- An interest in technology and legal technology.
- Qualified in Scots law (Dual qualification in Scotland and England is desirable but not essential)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work with a significant degree of independence.
- Experience of leading a team.
You will have significant commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience in the Sheriff Courts and Court of Session with strong client relationship skills, experience of supervising a team of lawyers, paralegals and trainees and the ability and desire to develop and grow relationships with existing clients and help win new clients.
You will ideally also have experience in acting for FCA authorised lenders and will have a strong interest in technology.
Please send a CV and covering email to email@example.com
Alston Law acts for lenders, financial institutions, SMEs and motor finance providers across Scotland in the provision of debt and asset recovery services. Esson & Aberdein provides litigation and dispute resolution services to private clients, SMEs and family businesses in the North of Scotland. For more information on the Moray Group and our brands visit the website: https://www.moray.group/