Remortgage Caseworker/ParalegalJoin our team at Simpson & Marwick
At Simpson and Marwick we have a large team of property lawyers, paralegals and caseworkers who deal with all aspects of conveyancing; including sales and purchases, re-mortgages, corrective conveyancing, first registrations and drafting lending documentation for lenders. We cover the whole of Scotland with offices in Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
We have a number of opportunities in our growing Remortgage Department based in Glasgow. This small, friendly team carry out all conveyancing aspects of Remortgage transactions.
You will be required to:
- Obtain and interpret instructions from lender clients and Borrowers
- Examine and extract relevant title information from Search Reports in order to prepare Standard Security and Discharge documentation
- Identify any title defect and highlight any potential risk to lender clients e.g. conveyancing, matrimonial & insolvency issues
- Examine and process completed documentation ensuring they comply with legal requirements and that all relevant information has been provided
- Liaise with lenders in relation to obtaining Redemption Statements and Title Deeds
- Examine Lease documentation and ensuring they comply with current legislation
- Process Mortgage Offers - having the ability to identify any special conditions
- Examine Redemption Statements and identify any penalties (if applicable)
- Calculate figures for completion and request loan funds from Lender
- Complete transaction to include the processing of Finance documentation to redeem existing lender
- Submit Standard Security/Discharge documentation for registration following completion
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years experience of the Scottish Conveyancing process. A Conveyancing Paralegal Qualification is preferred but not essential. You should have Maths and English at a Higher/Nat 5 Level.
Applicants ideally should have experience of working with a case management system, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. You are required to have great attention to detail in order to deliver excellent service to our clients.
As most of our team are working from home for the moment, you must be able to prioritise your workload, using good time management practices and using your own initiative to meet strict deadlines. You should also be used to working as part of a team and have excellent written and verbal communication skills together with a polite telephone manner.
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org